View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Dave

I think all this recent PED talk is extremely unfair to him.

He's had a great season, especially the 2nd half. I actually picked him up in my fantasy league off the waiver wire, about 3 months into the season. It's a small league and nobody trusted his power would hold up and weren't willing to pick up, what most thought was another Carlos Pena type.

He's a late bloomer. Baseball history is filled with them. It's also filled with guys who had everything go right for one year, and for one reason or another was never able to come close to repeating it again.

Roger Maris was a fairly late bloomer himself. He had two special years, one or two pretty good years, and not much else to speak of, if we're being perfectly honest.

A guy doesn't have to be a superstar from the moment he steps foot in the league, to the moment he leaves, in order to make a mark on the game.

If somebody digs up some other evidence other then, "he's having a really good year for a guy who hasn't had one before", I'll take a look at it and point my judgements if need be. Otherwise, I hate assumptions. People who make them always say "I told you so", when they are right.......but usually aren't quite as forthcoming when they are proven wrong.

I try to think the best of people, until I am actually proven otherwise.