View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 04:38 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Just for fun, here is a completely different way to showcase a dugout lineup card.
My wife Mary and I went to a Tigers baseball game for our 1st date about 33 years ago...

They absolutely smoked the Bronx Bombers that day! Our seats were right along the 1st baseline on the railing next to the visitor's bullpen. I still recall HOF Goose Gossage warming up in front of us, huffing and puffing and absolutely making the catcher's mitt pop with every fastball.

Ironically, almost 20 years later, I saw that a guy on the East Coast was selling a lot of Tigers dugout cards to games in the same era as our 1st date. I didn't see the dugout card to our game, so I sent the seller a message. I gave him the game date and told him what the personal significance was. Amazingly, he had the dugout card and actually sold it to me for $25!!! Unreal

With our 20th anniversary right around the corner, I incorporated the dugout card into a unique gift to my wife that included the dugout card, wedding photos and a business card from a French restaurant that we went to on our 2nd date. This piece sits on the mantel above our fireplace still to this day.
Fantastic piece all around!!