View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 09:16 AM

Default thanks for the intel

thanks Leon and original poster for the info - much appreciated

the card was found in a 1929 book on the stock market that my grandfather left behind and it was being used as a book mark. the book is far more valuable to me than the card.

I'm glad I saved it - sold most of my bb cards in the late 80's to pay for college but kept a few of my favorite players. I will be trading this in for a few bucks and a 1955 Jackie Robinson which is the one card I wish I hadn't sold.

I am a collector of many things but baseball cards are way down on my list

it is interesting to me the different names given the set by the grading co's- as evidenced by a few of the pics is this thread and the other on cut cards

they also seem to have different stock - see mine below. looking at one of the Ruth's I see similar stock but maybe reversed?

because these cards were used in a game I would guess the survival rate is relatively low.

in the past few weeks I have seen a number of them for sale - boxers, actors, and a few baseball players. The Jack Johnson is cool, dig that. Currently there's a Tris Speaker for sale....I sent my card to SGC and am waiting on it's return
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mcgraw-A.jpg (74.9 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by Franklin-Basil; 02-20-2018 at 09:20 AM.