Thread: E94 Colors
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Default E94 Colors

Posted By: Brian McQueen

When comparing this set to others, I tend to compare it to the e98 set, the e90-3s, and, surprisingly, the t204 Ramly set the most often.

The reason I say it's a lot like the Ramly set is that both of these sets are sort of "different" in that neither really has any players that are truly "difficult" or scarce. Most of the other sets I've studied have some sort of player distribution qualities that make a couple of them really scarce. I spend a good deal of time researching the tough players in specific sets but with e94s and Ramlys, all the players seem to be about even in terms of difficulty. There will be players that just don't seem to come up as often as others though, perhaps Cy Young??

So I believe that there's really no scarce players in the e94 set, rather more difficult colors instead. This is pretty much the opposite on how I feel about the e98s. I feel that with e98, all four colors are pretty evenly distributed but it's certain players that tend to come around very seldom. On the e94s, I always thought that the dark green and blue were the easiest colors, red and gold were in the middle and violet and olive were the most difficult to find. I agree with a previous post though - there do seem to be a lot of violets that have surfaced lately.

So, if you're going with the base colors - my opinion is that olive and violet are your toughest colors. However, if you're counting anomolies, this is where it gets interesting. This is where the e94 set begins to remind me of the e90-3 set - one of my all-time favorites. Both are sets are known for their obscure background color variations. If you're counting these, which I doubt you are, then I'd go with Grey as the most difficult color on an e94 followed closely by orange. More than likely you're just looking for the base colors so violet and olive would be my picks.

Hope this helps...

Brian