View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Default Larry Frisch Grading

Posted By: MikeU

More accurately, SCD singled out Larry to become a submiter to validate their operation. All the marketing and backing of grading by Larry, was simply marketing by SCD of their most visible and important client. I think the concept was a great idea for SCD. It also made sense for Larry to have an open mind and try grading. Unfortunately, there was simply too much industry interia with the other grading companies for a single visable client of SCD's to really make a difference.

Larry has been around longer than anyone, as far as a large retailer is concered. He has never had any controversy surrounding him that I am aware. That is some significant longevity and trust, that simply can not be ignored. Some lenient raw grading and high prices should never overide the positives he has contributed. If he was not so open on his return policy, I think that people could have a legitimate beef regarding his grading. Otherwise, have some respect for a legend, even though he does not grade paperloss and writing the same way as the grading companies.