View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 06:24 PM
R.L. Americana, LLC

Wow – This is a tough crowd! I described the item as I saw it. It is a pin. (It has a pin on the back). But I have never seen this item as a pinback before. I have always seen it with a mirror reverse. Therefore, I thought it could very well be a mirror that had been converted into a pin. (This can be done by removing the mirror). That’s exactly what the description says. For the record, I never sent Paul the description. I’ve also never discussed the piece with Paul. But from this thread Paul is saying that this is how he got it (as a pin) and if I understand what he wrote correctly, he thinks the same thing that I suggested on my own in the writeup. It appears that Al has a certainty that it was originally a mirror, and of course he could be 100% correct. But whether that is definitely the case or not (and again, it may be), it is a pin now, and could have been a pin all the way back to 1911, so that is why I called it a pin (because that is the form that it is in). But I think I make very clear that it might be a mirror that had at some time been converted into a pin. That was certainly my intention. I will look over the description and see if there is any slight change in wording anywhere that is called for. I’m not sure there is, but if you have suggestions regarding this, please feel free to write me with them at info@robertedwardauctions.com.

Sincerely,

Rob L