View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhardy View Post
Jason,

I agree with Brent. Some of the more modern sets you can find the entire Orioles team set. If you are doing just Topps, you should finish that fairly quickly. But be warned, the bug might just bite and you will start expanding. I recommend going for all of the mainstream issues. I would start with Topps, then go with vintage Bowman. Then, you can go modern Bowman, Fleer, Donruss, Upper Deck, Score. All of those will be fairly easy. Then, you can branch out and start doing some of the harder stuff to find. Just a suggestion.

A great resource is the SCD catalog and teamsets4u.com.

A few great places to buy besides Ebay are sportlots.com and comc.com. Those are great places to buy commons and minor stars.

Thought I'd revive a thread and do an update.
Shifting my collecting focus AGAIN, and now focusing on my Orioles sets.

Like what was discussed here, I did acquire the modern Orioles Topps sets, in fact 1974 to present, and I was really happy with the purchase, thought I got a really good deal. Thanks for the suggestion.

Now to the fun part, building 1954 to 1973, at this point I am going about it slowly and concentrating on regular topps only. I would say I have about 30% of 1954 to 1973, most of Brooks and Frank except only a few, so I think I have an awesome start. Already have the Palmer rookie (mind you, probably a VG, but this project is a collection not investment)

Would like to hear other updates on how everybody's team sets are going, anybody else getting into team set collecting?

Last edited by jasonc; 04-19-2014 at 07:10 AM.