View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Jimmy,
I don't think that there is any doubt that many of the collectors out there are scared that they might buy a bogus autograph of a player that they want to collect, thus Steiner and UDA exist. IMHO, as collectors we have a responsibility to educate ourselves on what we aspire to collect, or bad things can happen ( AKA "let the buyer beware").

It's also my opinion that people that do pony up the huge dollars for these overpriced UDA and Steiner sigs will undoubtedly "own them forever" because they never will get their money back out when they go to resell them down the line.

As the two of us have discussed via e-mail, as collectors we don't truly own these baseball "treasures". We're merely caretakers until we pass them along to other collectors somewhere down the line. I always consider whether I believe I can get my money back out of a purchase somewhere down the line. What I'm basically doing is establishing an exit strategy upfront FWIW.
Once again we're in agreement Scott. As usual, your comments are well thought out with keen insight. My best, Jimmy