View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 03:33 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallCat View Post
If someone makes fake Jordan rookies and sells them as legit 86 Fleer cards and makes money off of them is that fraud and illegal or just unethical so let them have at it. Need to clean the language up around here, or at least make it interesting for everyone to read

KC
In your example, the one making the fake Jordans is representing them as real Fleer Jordans - a real Fleer product - a counterfeit. My point was that these were never a Topps product to begin with. Thats the major difference. Even BVG doesn't acknowledge them as a Topps product. Look at the picture below. Where does it mention that it's a Topps product on the flip? Ask yourself why not? Even Topps don't acknowledge them as a Topps product. Its a novelty item that Topps fabricated and put their name on.

Now, maybe Topps might have something to say about Larry using the Topps name, I don't know. But as far as the actual fabrication of the cards, it's not illegal no matter how much you want to believe it is.

If I want to put raw T206s in plastic screw downs and write "Donruss" on the holder and sell them like that it's not illegal. Again, maybe Donruss might have something to say about using their name and it's surely misleading and unethical, but not illegal. People are letting their emotions and hobby passion get in the way of reasoning.

All that said, what he did was wrong and Leon did the right thing by bringing it to the boards attention and banning him. By the way, I thought I read that someone made Topps aware of the situation. I'm just curious as to their response.