View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:07 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
If you are accusing someone of fraud and are wrong that could have serious legal ramifications. Not that many of these petty jackasses have a real "business reputation" to protect, but I'd certainly be a little careful in calling people out.
As to what is stupid, well stupid is in the eye of the beholder. Some of this nonsense - cutting pictures out of a book - seems to defy logic, but I am sure things people on this board engage in were criticized or considered moronic at some point. Can just see someone laughing in 1970 because some boob just spent $6 for an old Wheaties box with Lou Gehrig on the panel.
If your comment was a response to mine, I think you miss my point. But that's my fault, not yours. I didn't provide the right context. My comment was not in reference to the OP's discovery. I didn't even pay much attention to the link, to be honest. My bigger point is that it seems like every third or fourth thread is about some sale of fake, reprint, or otherwise ridiculous cards on eBay to which most of this community would never give a second thought. I just feel like all these post have the potential to distract from the discussions of beautiful (real cards), pick-ups, history, collecting stories, deep hobby issues like shilling, etc. I just wish there was another section for eBay crap and rants. Unlikely to happen, I realize; just one person's opinion.