View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 06:02 PM
R.L. Americana, LLC

Default First "Willow Grove" Convention Program Scans

I just saw this thread and enjoyed reading the posts about the “good old days” at the great old Willow Grove show. I was very lucky that I happened to live just a few minutes from Willow Grove and as a kid this really helped me a lot. I couldn’t have lived in a better place. In the early days, even when I wasn’t old enough to drive, it was so close that it was still no problem to get to the show. I never missed it. For me it was as if everyone in the country had packed up all their old cards and agreed to come to my hometown just to make deals with me! When it was over, I counted the days until the next one. They were very exciting times and I think anyone who was there can remember the magic of those early shows. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who looks back and says “Wow, THAT was amazing.”

I thought some collectors would appreciate seeing this link to an old REA lot that includes scans of the program for the first “Willow Grove” show (which was actually held at Spring Garden College in Chestnut Hill, PA). It’s not obvious it’s there - you have to go to the very bottom of the auction page, clicking on each page image scrolling to the right to see all the pages. I made sure to scan and post this when it was sold just in case anyone wanted to see it in the future.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=11429

I’m feeling really old now!

Sincerely,

Robert Lifson