Thread: Dealers on ebay
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Default Dealers on ebay

Posted By: Texas Ted

Yes Virginia, I am a dealer. But I can tell you, as a dealer I almost never bid on single cards on ebay with the idea of reselling for a profit. The profit is just not there to make that kind of transaction worthwhile for me. I do however purchase singles on ebay for my personal collection. Occasionally, I will buy a card that is an upgrade, and then I will sell the card that I replaced.

The only auctions I go for on ebay are large lots or full sets of cards that I can break up into singles or smaller groups for a profit. In that way, collectors on a budget can get singles without having to buy umpteen cards they don't want or need. One of my absolute favorite purchases are the lots in the major auctions of "shoebox collections" or whatever each calls it that group several hundred cards from the same time frame together into one auction. I know the sellers are somewhat appalled by this, but it is my bread and butter. But again, I really don't think many collectors on a budget are shooting for these auctions.

Texas Ted
Starting my third attempt at a second childhood.