View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 11:14 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Agreed. There's a lot of scenario's, here's another. Let's say you have an unscrupulous seller (geez, that never happens ) and he reports a card stolen, but he made up the story for insurance purposes. That card is later traded/sold via private transaction by the seller who reported it stolen and then the card is sold a time or two even after that. Then the original seller who reported the card stolen finds out who currently owns it and says, "Wait a minute. That was my card. I reported it stolen. Here's the police report." And if I may borrow from part of your scenario, let's say the buyer saved 3 years of his card budget ($30K), why should he be out of $30K because of some fraudulent seller? I'm sorry, but just because someone reports something stolen DOES NOT make it theirs once the item turns up. You're right, it's not always that black and white.

I, too, am not implying that anything like that happened in this case, but there are too many scenarios to say just because someone reports something stolen and it later turns it that it should be returned to the one that reported it stolen.

This is one of the points I was making earlier. I never got a receipt from a card show or shop from a card I purchased. I could go sell some good cards then walk out of the show and call the cops saying my card have been stolen.

Jesse did you just say moral obligation? Thought you weren’t in to that kind of stuff. Why should someone who got anything stolen from them pay for it back?