View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
Oh the Ramones ...Some levity , I had a friend /customer named John Cummings that I used to talk on the phone to for at least twice a week over 10 years ....I heard that Johnny Ramone was a big time baseball collector so I wanted to introduce myself , I knew a NY attorney who represented a lot of acts including the Ramones. So I asked him for a possible introduction. He called me back about 15 minutes later and could not stop laughing.....I asked him "whats so funny?" and he said "does the name John Cummings ring a bell?" and I said yea John is a friend of mine .......and he laughed and said ...well you are already friends with John Ramone. Next time I talked to John on the phone I asked him why he didn't tell me and he said "Its just a little rock & roll band ...No big deal".... finally I got invited to a concert on their World tour when I was in Hawaii , they were in Japan and got snowed in ......I showed up at the venue and there were about 300 angry fans , security told me it was a good idea to leave quickly. Never got to meet him, but felt like I knew him....should have known something was up when I called him and his answering machine consisted of a guitar riff and a BEEP !

Vintage autographs for sale on my web site
stinsonsports.com
I bumped nto him at one of the old UACC shows in New York City in the late 1980's. He was just there looking for signatures for his collection. Happy to sign for me when I asked. The main 4 that everyone knew were always good for signing autographs. They had multiple in store album signings when they passed through Boston. They also came to Boston for the premier of 'Rock 'N' Roll High School'. They stood behind the candy counter signing autographs. Still one of my all time favorite 'fan friendly' bands.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”