View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default Tommy Ramone passes

Tommy Ramone, the last original member of the Ramones, passed away Friday, July 11th at the age of 65. He played drums on the first 3 albums before being replaced by Marky (Mark Bell, formerly of Richard Hell & the Voidoids). He was assistant producer on the first album, producer on the next three and on 1984's 'Too Tough to Die". He is listed as the producer under his real name of Tommy Erdelyi. I never had the chance to see him with the Ramones. I did see him with his life partner of 40 years, Claudie Tienan, in their band Uncle Monk. You would have never guessed seeing this 60+ year old man in glasses and long gray hair playing bluegrass, country and american standards was the drummer for one of the most groundbreaking bands of all time. I was supposed to see him in April, 2013 in a small club in Virginia on a tour with original Sex Pistol Glen Matlock, but he had to pull out due to illness (bile cancer). He was replaced by Syl Sylvain of the New York Dolls. His chops were most evident on songs like 'Blitzkrieg Bop', 'Teenage Lobotomy' and the two surf covers 'California Sun' an 'Surfin' Bird'.
RIP Tommy -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ramones 1.jpg (73.3 KB, 74 views)

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”