View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36GoudeyMan View Post
.. and I have to tell you to shut the hell up NOW. Stop talking about what you know; you are jeopardizing the investigation and running into obstruction of justice issues (not liability yet, just issues), plus you are in possession of, and are talking about, confidential investigatory information. SHUT UP.

DO NOT SELL ANY PACKS if you have the slightest bit of concern over their authenticity. NONE. Knowing what you have stated publicly that you already know about the possible authenticity issues surrounding some/all of your packs, selling them now -- without the kind of disclosure that would be needed to insulate you from civil AND criminal liability -- would be ridiculous and personally dangerous, from a legal point of view.

Perhaps you have a civil claim, at this point, I'm not certain. But I can say this categorically: SHUT UP AND DO NOT SELL ANY PACKS. Do not discuss what you know with anyone but the investigators -- not with PSA, not with Steve Hart, NO ONE but the investigators. I join wholeheartedly in the chorus of posters telling you to get your OWN lawyer,not someone you might share with another victim, but your OWN. White collar criminal lawyers abound; you should have no trouble getting a referral from your local Bar or Bar Association if you or a friend does not know one. But get one, sooner rather than later, and talk to him/her immediately.
While my instinct and curiosity say different, the above is good advice from an actual lawyer. And while any free advice is worth what you paid I think in this case it's going to be well worth heeding.

The only thing I'd add would be to keep a copy of the list, and save off or print a copy of any communication you get about it.
The Emails etc because documenting stuff probably can't hurt, (Unless it's about stuff you've done) and the list because it may get buried, and there may eventually be an acceptable time to share it. Your lawyer will know that.

Steve B