View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 PM

Default Good to Hear from the King of E98s!

Seriously, Rob it is good to hear from you. I believe that you definately know as much if not more about the E98 set that anyone in the hobby. MANY of the E98s that I have either owned or currently own came from your collection. I believe that the OLD PUT McGraw that I recently picked up in a 19th Century Only auction was yours at one time. I didn't know you had a Blue Dooin. Congratulations, That is great news! It also adds another to the checklist. It may also help add to the theory of a store owner stamping them himself, because as I stated above, it would seem doubtful that the owner had only RED backgrounds to stamp. Of course there was that Green Jennings that someone tried to pass as authentic a few months back. NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Anyways happy collecting up in the Great Northwest. I hope to meet you again at the National in Cleveland again this year. It was an honor to meet you in Chicago last year. I live near Fort Wayne, Indiana, and really enjoy the fact that it is smack dab between Chicago and Cleveland and I get to enjoy the National close to home when it is in those two cities.

Take Care,
Tim