View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Default Ok, maybe I think about this stuff too much, but I really don't understand it all yet.

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Thank you, Gentlemen. I guess that I shouldn't be surprised at the response nor the obvious passion expressed. However, the message "Gil, you haven't done your homework, again" is both true and unreasonable imho.
In my defense:
My collection requires me to search for tidbits of trivia through volumes of MLB history. I enjoy the search, but currently I discard over 99% of the information which I read. Recently, with the encouragement of Chad and others I have undertaken the task of including the Negro Leagues (and there is more than 1) in my study area.

Now the Negro Leagues' history is filled with color (no pun intended) and sketchy, confusing, and incomplete information. Wading through this stuff is cumbersome and rewarding. The cards, at best, are much more like the Contentnea than the beauties shown in this thread. (I do like those eerie floating heads of Leon's) tho.

So, it is reasuring that once I know it all in MLB + the Negro Leagues, I can "advance" to the Minors - who could possibly know all of this?

Thank you for your insight, and especially for the card scans, guys! Im going to look at 'em again, now.