View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Default Ok, maybe I think about this stuff too much, but I really don't understand it all yet.

Posted By: fkw

PCL (Pacific Coast League) collectors love these sets. I am not an expert on the PCL, still leaning every day. Besides the obvious super stars like the DiMaggio brother, O'Doul, Waner, etc., there are a lot of interesting players who played in the PCL. Some are Crosetti, Gregg, Hitt, Holder, Rapp, Ryan, Strand, Frederick, Jacobs, etc. Every player I just listed in in the PCL Hall of Fame, and for good reason, they had great careers in the PCL, with some amazing stats and accomplishments.

If you ever read one of the few great PCL History books, you might get hooked on trying to find cards of some of these West Coast heros of the 1910-40s era. I just read a book a few months back I found in my local library, I had to go home and look up info on some of these great players, and have been hooked ever since.

I actually add a premium to these PCL HOFers cards, similar to the premium added to a ML HOFer. So if you ever see a Buddy Ryan or Elmer Jacobs card, remember these are Hall of Fame players in their league, and should be in more of a demand than a common player.