View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Default It is difficult for me to refrain from buying cards which have great eye appeal, but a

Posted By: James Gallo

Well I think it depends on the card. For a card that is available and not expensive I don't want any back damage or writing on it. I would look at a blank back card on a case by case basis.

If a card is rare or expensive I would make exceptions until I either find a nicer one or get lots of free cash to buy a nicer one.

Here is an example

Killer front with paper loss to the back. I still think it should be a 20 but I think there is just too much text missing so it's a 10. But can't argue about how nice that front is.

So I guess I am split on the issue as I like my lower value cards to have more average wear, but the pricey or super rare stuff I would prefer a nice front with back damage.

Mind you I don't think I would totally pass on a card if priced right with either writing or back damage. I have passed on many cards I needed that had writing, mostly because I felt they were over priced and would need to be upgraded anyway so I didn't want to double buy.

James Gallo

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.