View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Default It is difficult for me to refrain from buying cards which have great eye appeal, but a

Posted By: Bob

I'm kind of in the middle camp (if there is one) I prefer vgex cards with no back damage to exmt to nrmt ones with b.d. but on the other hand I have a load of beautiful Obaks with tiny purple numbers stamped on the back (from the factory perhaps) and SGC killed each and every one of them when grading. I now understand SGC is no longer dropping the grades from a 50 to a 30 or even 20 because of this.
If you try to collect the Zeenuts, especially the earlier ones without any writing on the back, you'll never make it. That's what I initially tried to do but it is impossible. Many o/w beautiful ones have tiny writing or numbers on the back. (Backs of Zeenuts are blank backed). SGC does the same thing with the 'Nuts that they used to do with Obaks, drop them 20 or 30 points if they have writing. If they didn't look so nice in those holders I'd ship them off to PSA where they would be PSA 5 MKs and PSA 6s MK instead of SGC 30s. The only problem is PSA has still not discovered the importance of a good fit for the cards and they will bounce all around inside the holders.