View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Chris

Default Two come to mind...

Biggest regret is letting go of a Gabby Street (catching) Drum. A little off-center, but the back was solid with no paper loss or issues. I've seen it around since, but now worth many multiples of what I let it go for ...

A story with a happy ending: Many who have been on the Board for awhile may recall ChicagoT206 (or some variation of that name). He came on the Board and ruffled some feathers with his "style." One of his (aggressive) pursuits was putting together a T206 back run. Well, at some point, in the face of criticism from fellow members, he posted a swan song thread wherein he sold all of his back-run cards and left the Board/hobby. His Broad Leaf exemplar was a Billy Purtell. This was one of his last to sell and it lingered for a few days until I decided to nab it - my first BL. I had for a bit and then traded it (for a very nice Shag Hindu as I recall), but soon regretted letting it go. Sometime later, I had a chance to reacquire (I think from a different Board member than who I dealt it to). Anyway, nothing special, but a card I really like, and glad to have back - it must have been meant to be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2364.jpg (8.5 KB, 362 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2365.jpg (7.6 KB, 365 views)