View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Dustin Bellinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderedH2O View Post
I've noticed that PSA has no clue as to the types. Their registry set is one big clump that has some of the cards, but not all of them. SGC has it neatly organized for each of the five types, but I have noticed that about half of the SGC cards have the type listed, and half don't. Is there an explanation for this? Does the submitter need to list the type to get it put on there? Also, if I have ones that are not listed by Type, will SGC add the type to it without regarding the card?
You are correct that the registries are a hot mess for this set. I submitted a couple I had to SGC last month. I included the type information on the form and they included it on the flip. If you don't put it on the form they won't designate it. I put the odds at 90% that if you put the wrong type on the form it will get slabbed with the wrong type listed. One of the cards I submitted was a Type 4 Carl Hubbell. Most of the information on the set refers to it as 1936 Goudey Wide Pen but from what I have read apparently the Type 4s were issued in 37 so in the pop reports for SGC you will find data for four different ways they have slabbed the card. As a 1936 with and without the type designation and as a 1937. I wasnt sure what to put when I submitted mine so just went with the 1936 year. From what I can tell no one that matters to the TPGs care enough about this set for them to care about getting it right.

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.