View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 07:54 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I was just reflecting back on how I started in this hobby -- riding my bike with my friend to the 7-11 to buy 65 Topps packs. I've always loved cards. I understand that it's become a business, and that they've become valuable collectibles. No issue with that. I understand the advantages of TPG in the internet age. No real issue with that. But on days like this, I am just so pissed off at the criminal and sleaze elements, and those who enable them and defend them, that I almost want to quit.

End of speech.
[emoji106] I share these sentiments. As someone who regularly reads and reflects on issues such as these, I just think the influence over our hobby so many have allowed elements like this to have is a load of crap. How so many people could just roll over and be so weak-minded is unreal to me. I don't regularly spend huge money on cards and I am not a blip on the radar, but I do make fairly regular purchases. When I do make purchases, I take these discussions to heart and avoid doing business with anyone who knowingly is doing this. This board has opened my eyes, and I am appreciative of that. Peter, it's like you have said before, "Stuff trumps all."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk