View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Default E121/E122 American Caramel Backs

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Leon, I really need to buy one of those H-Js from you.

I can see your point, but I also think that the W575-1s have a definitive checklist, and so do the E121s.

Sor, for example, if I were ever to find a Henry Johnson card of Cecil Causey, William (not Wm.) Fewster, or Aaron Ward, then the Henry Johnson set would follow the E121 Series of 80 checklist and not the W575-1 checklist, since Causey, Fewster, and Ward are in the E121 set but not th W575-1 set.

Right now, each of the H-J cards that I have are, unfortunately, in both the Series of 80 and W575-1 sets, so I can't offer any conclusive proof, despite the fact that W575-1 cards are hand cut from vertical strips, and E121s are machine cut to a fairly uniform size on heavier stock, and all the H-Js are machine cut (despite what PSA's flip says).

The only POSSIBLE proof I have at this point is in the Pep Young card. The E121 of Pep Young is printed as "Pep" Young, with quotes around the player's first name. I believe the W575-1 of Young does not use the quotes. My H-J of Young has the quotes around the first name, like the E121.

On the other hand, if someone could produce an H-J of a card that is NOT in the E121 set but IS in the W575-1 set, that would be interesting. Thus far I've never seen one, though.

-Al