View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Default I never pray, but I did today..... 9/11/2001 NY

Posted By: Ron

My thoughts and prayers will forever be with the 9/11 victims and their families. I live and work just outside of the NYC area (Westchester County) while working I received a phone call from a buddy telling me to listen to the radio. I really couldn't believe what I was hearing and returned back to the house because I really needed to see this on TV to believe it was really happening. I was glued to the TV for the remaining day and that evening and I couldn't stand watching anymore and put in a call to the American Red Cross in White Plains, NY to see if they needed volunteers. They needed truck drivers with CDL licenses to run supplies to the city, I made a few calls to friends and rounded up six drivers and we spent the next four days making supply runs, what we saw are things that we will never forget, but you talk about people coming together. At the Red Cross and everywhere people were trying to do whatever they could to help. At Ground Zero they needed work gloves, masks, flashlights, water, food etc. and hundreds of each item needed would show up at the Red Cross. Food was always being dropped off from local deli's and restaurants without asking and for free, everyone just wanted to do something to help in their own way. So again my thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families, this IS the greatest country in the world and I will never forget 9/11....