View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Default I never pray, but I did today..... 9/11/2001 NY

Posted By: Trae R.

I was at work (at the college I attended). I smoked at the time, and I was walking for the elevator from the "smoking porch" and on the way in you pass the break room where a big-screen resides, There was a crowd of people around it. The second plane hadn't hit yet when I started watching, the room went nuts when that happened, then a dead silence. No one could believe it was happening. I went upstairs and told my student (was a tech. tutor) and she said "are you sure?", then went downstairs to see for herself. The school closed for the day about a half-hour later.

I went home and stayed glued to the television for the next 15 or so hours, feeling so many different emotions. It was quite the roller-coaster ride. I couldn't even imagine what the people there were going through.

I had a flight booked into NYC for Sept. 21st, but canceled it because my mother was afraid and just generally said it wasn't the best time to go. My friend, whom I was going to travel with, still went. He came home with heartening photos and descriptions, as if I hadn't already seen enough through the media. That would have been my first trip to NYC, I still haven't been.