View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Default scamming rises to a new level

Posted By: Joejoe

Not saying this seller is for real or not, but just wanted to comment on the case of not being graded. Just because a lot of people are all into grading cards and worship PSA or SGC or whatever the case may be, there are still a lot more people that won't get cards graded and have no need for it or choose not to for whatever the case. Some people might not have much trust in sending a $10,000 card through the mail to a company you don't know and anything could happen. I'm tired of always reading that someone is a scammer because they didn't get it graded. Card collecting was around a long time before grading and will be when grading is long gone. With all the stories of cards being trimmed and still slabbed, and hundreds of other problems, least of which is completely non consistent, which way is really better? What do you do if you buy a $50,000 slabbed card and for whatever reason want to regrade it or reslab it, and it comes back trimmed or can't be holdered? Then where are you? I say any cards high value like these I wouldn't buy over the 'net wether they are slabbed or not. Look at the guy who spent almost $10,000 on the recolored Pete Rose PSA rookie only to find out it was no good and worth nothing? Or the Prior rookie from BGS that was obviously trimmed even though it was serial numbered and slabbed before? That guys out a couple thousand. Thats only a couple cases, theres guaranteed hundreds if not thousands more, what's the point. How smart do you feel then? If you want to collect these high dollar cards, buy them in person. Like they say, buy the card, not the holder.