View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 05:40 PM
Barry Sloate

Here's where we stand so far:

20 people have shown a strong interest or rated the dinner a possibility. From that list probably 15-17 will attend, and we may get more in the coming days. That's a pretty big group, probably too big for one table. Best to find a place with several smaller tables. If you put say 18 at a single long table, it will be impossible to speak to anybody except those sitting right next to or across from you. The guys at the other end might as well be in another time zone. So likely we would be sitting in smaller groups.

Since Saturdays don't really work, after the holiday I'm going to suggest Thursday June 21. As I said before it is virtually impossible to pick a day where everyone will be free. I know a few will say they can't make this date. But I think we have to pick something reasonable and go with it, with apologies for those who can't attend.

I like Steve N.'s suggestion of Foley's, the sports bar on 34th Street. Several attending will be coming in via Penn Station, and that will make it super easy for them. And every subway goes through 34th Street so the location couldn't be better. But it will be loud and crowded, so we will still listen to other suggestions as far as venue.

Any thoughts about this, please post. Trying my best to make this work for as many as possible.

Last edited by barrysloate; 05-26-2018 at 05:46 PM.