View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G View Post
It's a little later than Ruth, Cobb and Mathewson, but it still is pre-war. There are 72 brightly colored cars in art deco style. Compared to the T and E cards, they can be found pretty reasonably.

It has early Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams and quite a few Hall of Famers. Off the top of my head there's Dickey, Reese, Cronin, Klein, Foxx, Gehringer, Greenberg,... Then, there's interesting players like Dominic and Vince DiMaggio and Johnny "Double No Hit" Vander Meer.

I recently put a VG set together in about a year. So, the supply is good.
I was going to say the same thing until I noticed all replies were focused on earlier sets. Probably the perfect set for a first time set builder. It has it all. Great looking cards. Loaded with HOFers. And easy to complete with only 72 cards.

Edit: not to mention 1941 was such a historic season. Dimaggios streak and Williams hitting over .400. I sure wish I had been around to see that.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 03-21-2017 at 10:41 PM.