View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:12 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
Those Exhibits are beautiful. I never really understood how those worked/what they were. They are oversized correct? Are they technically cards? Are they all the same size?

Thanks
Yes oversize, same size as Postcards. I, and most consider them to be cards. They are thick postcard size card stock but blank backed. Although in later years there were ones issued with Post card backs as well as blank but not 1921. They are all machine cut, same uniform size. From my understanding, they were the first set/issue to ever be issued as just cards by themselves. They weren't used to promote other products, they were the product! They were issued in arcade exhibit machines. Where you would insert (I think a penny on early sets) into machine and receive card(s). There are other exhibit experts on the board who maybe will chime in. I'm not sure if you'd possibly get more than 1 card at once out of the machine for a penny in the early days or not. Exhibits were produced on and off up until around 1980 I believe!

The exhibit arcade card dispensing machines are fairly collectible in their own right.

Last edited by yanksfan09; 03-21-2017 at 07:19 PM.