View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Default I'm with Shoele$$ except I do place an early, low bid . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoele$$ View Post
Exactly, I NEVER bid on ANY auction until the final 10 seconds......that's my rule. If my highest and best snipe doesn't take it down, oh well, I tried. It actually really annoys the living f*ck out of me when I see two jack asses bidding back and forth litterally for days.......silliness.
. . . near the start of an eBay auction, so that the seller knows there is another interested buyer before considering selling outright to someone else.

My strategy developed from having lost out on items due to waiting to place my initial bid (snipe) at the very end, and having the seller end the auction unexpectedly. I have always assumed the seller got an offer contingent on ending the auction early. My strategy is far from full-proof as a small number of auctions have still ended early (with me out of luck) but I have also benefitted from afew eBay messages from sellers requesting counteroffers to other offers made to them. And for those that ended early without my having had the opportunity to make an offer, I have always followed up with the seller to let him know how much I would have offered. Never resulted in gaining an item, but maybe helped the seller change how he considered outright offers, and may yet benefit me in the future.

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 03-28-2013 at 07:46 AM.