View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Default anyone have info on star candy 1928 ?

Posted By: Eric

I picked up a few Star Players card last year, and two of the three cards I purchased had approximately the top 1/4 inch of the card missing (cut off). The seller also had several other Star Player cards that he was offering that featured tops that were cut down. When I asked why the cards were in this condition, the seller mentioned that they had been "redeemed" and cut down, much like George C. Miller's.
I don't remember quite how the rest of the conversation went, but I don't remember getting a plausible explanation as to where he got this information, or if it was just a guess. Since many cards of the day had redemption offers (including many in the late 20's and early 30's), I wouldn't doubt that this could be the case.
Not looking at my SCD, I'm not sure what info Bob has listed, but I don't recall that the manufacturer of this card has ever been identified, thus the nickname of "Star Player", as the set is loaded with them. Hopefully somewhere down the road, a candy box or advertisment will link the cards to a producer..and more information will be established.