View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 12:44 PM
Garth Guibord

No for me. There are already enough uneducated collectors who buy the slab and not the card, we don't need to exacerbate the problem.

BUT, if anyone were to do it, it should be a TPG. The stickers that sellers add to slabs noting exceptional centering are ridiculous. Everyone should take the grading done by TPG with a grain of salt (not to mention that everyone should be familiar with TPG guidelines that would indicate what the centering limits are for a grade), but any sticker - or other denotation - a seller adds to a card should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt, because they're express purpose is to sell the card and maximize profit and/or turnaround time (I don't have a problem with maximizing either of these, as that is their business).

Centering is baked into the price. If there is any question about why cards are priced as they are, it's an opportunity for the seller and potential customer to discuss the card's attributes. That's also the opportunity for the potential customer to learn more about the card and grow as a collector. Qualifiers, and in particular stickers added by sellers, would curtail this opportunity, I think.

We need more educated collectors, not collectors who buy slabs or qualifiers.

Last edited by AGuinness; 08-06-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.