View Single Post
Old 11-04-2001, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Default Is It Just Me ..........

Posted By: leon

First of all I am not the defacto expert on N172's as some are that are on this board. I am thinking that SGC took into account that some of the N172's were either made with the pinkish tint or ended up that way in the process. I have read, a few times, how/why these tints were made but I forget exactly how. If SGC did not ding for that AND they were generous that day then I see how this can happen. (I have a common SGC 50 N172 that you can barely see the player at all, it is so light.) The corners on this card do look pretty good. I am not sure about the sellers description as most will make their own judgement on the "great clarity and contrast" the seller mentions. I would grade that card a 50....(just my opinion)....I sure wish the grading companies would "authenticate" only. I have debated with several at SGC and I don't see it ever happening while the sr. graders that are there are still there.....they are very nice and do a better job than the competition though......best regards