View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Cards from Ebay (Jeff's Junk)

Posted By: JC

I contacted the seller "Jeff" on saturday morning after I opened up my used stained box that once held pickle jars. It now held old judges of a couple of Keefe's, 2 Bownie Champs and a few other commons.

Yes, they were loosely in individual envelopes with the item number and player name on the top left. As I took them out of the envelope to seal them in "MYLAR", I noticed pen and pencil markings on the reverse that were probally done by a kid (Unless the original owner liked flowers).

I e-mail Jeff right away to inform him and sorda educate him on the value of a card with these markings on them. I know 19th century pieces have a greater value than 20 century items with back markings. However, I felt mis-lead with no mention to these inperfections and generic descriptions.

I offered to send the cards back to him for a refund, or keep the cards for a partial "In store" credit or refund. He has made it right by me on this buy. I have informed him that other board members have the same concerns as I did (no names). I told him I would let the board know that he and I came to an acceptable arrangement for me on these cards I won/bought.

I think for the most part, there were many bargins to be had. We should be lucky, that it was generic descriptions with only poor front scans. If it was LUCKEY who was selling these with great descriptions and big scans, the 250 lots would have fetched over 100,000 rather than 62,000.