View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 09:21 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Stadium ID and autograph help requested

I recently acquired this RDP (Real Digital Photo) and autograph.

I need help with both the identification of the stadium and authenticity of the Kershaw auto.

The stadium looks like Dodger Stadium, but the presence of Jackie Robinson bothers me, as he retired when the Dodgers were still in Brooklyn and never played in Chavez Ravine. Of course there was advertising on the outfield walls at Ebbets Field as there is in this photo. I seem to remember though that Dodger Stadium had no advertising on the outfield walls back in the eighties. I am posting here because I have no expertise in the evaluation of Jackie's ear in this photo. Could this be an imposter? Please help.

The Kershaw auto is readily identified by the printed text, but both the ball and the auto just don't seem right. The texture of the ball is too smooth and it seems somewhat inflated. I have also never seen a Sharpie large enough to render an autograph that size, and if one exists could Kershaw wield it. I'm going with no good on the auto.

(Expecting to hear from Ullman in minutes that this thread is posted in the wrong section.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Robinson.jpg (73.0 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg Kershaw Sig.jpg (71.3 KB, 221 views)

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.