View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
After reading the different posts about eTopps and what it is supposed to be I only have one question. Seriously, did people really buy into that crap?
New to vintage and to the board but thought I'd answer your question. People did buy Etopps and it failed miserably. I'm guilty of buying a few unfortunately David pretty much summed up Etopps very well but thought I'd add one more point.

At the beginning of the week, Topps would announce the cards offered and the "maximum" print run for that particular card. Some cards had a max print run of something like 2,000, while others had a max print run of 10,000. Topps then took orders during the week for the cards. The "actual" print run would be based on the orders it received during the week. Topps got very few orders for some of the less popular players and this created "scarcity". I think some may have had print runs of just 200-300 (even though the max print run was going to be say 2,000). In other cases (e.g. Lebron James), Topps issued the maximum print run.