View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Al

I'm not surprised that eBay and Paypal won't do anything about it, since the card the seller auctioned was properly described and the buyer received it and left positive feedback.

As far as PSA or SGC prosecuting, what's to prosecute? This is not the responsibility of the two grading companies that would never have graded these cards. It's the responsibility of collectors to be educated about the cards that they're buying - and it's also the responsibility of collectors to refuse to recognize the legitimacy of the grading company that slabbed this crap.

This is the "best grader in the hobby," by the way.

And if it sounds like I'm really pissed off about this, it's because I am - I collect '38 Goudey. It's my favorite set. I've devoted a good portion of my hobby time over the last 5 years learning about these cards, and trying to solve some of the set's mysteries. And there ARE mysteries, and one of them has to do specifically with "missing" cards that should have been produced - so the idea of "proof" cards is actually plausible. So when this kind of crap comes out, you bet it makes me crazy.

-Al