View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 06:24 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Probstein has about 400,000 positive feedbacks. 14,000 in the last month alone. 78,000 in 6 mos. Often does 1000s of sales a day.

I think it's reasonable to assume that he has studied everyone's in the hobbys collecting habits, carefully evaluated what they are looking for, evaluated what the range of their potential bids are based on the condition of what they are looking for, and then deputized someone (or maybe more than one person) to shill bid to screw that person over. Yep, all 40,000 of the items he is currently selling he has done this analysis for.

Seems very reasonable. While this level of due diligence far surpasses anything our IRS of CIA is capable of doing, I wouldn't put it by this guy.

Seems a little ridiculous to believe this, no?
Steve, Very fair analysis, but even if true, Probstein could care less about what people think. I actually stuck up for him several years ago on N54, I absolutely regret it to this day.. To him, it's a numbers game, he doesn't give a damn about what people think personally. I first did business with him about 12 years ago when he was somewhat humble and unknown. Good luck with that now, and shame on Ebay for being such a coward over business versus business ethics..

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-21-2017 at 06:33 PM.