View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Default Auction House Question

Posted By: Fred C

James,

You may have thought that the card would have came back a "1" but the seller must have thought differetly. I can't speak for that person but from the item description I would have made that assumption. What would have happened if the seller was right? The best you could have got was an AUTH. Would that have been acceptable? I know when someone tells me a card has issues I'll take that selelr at face value and consider that into the price I would be willing to pay for the card.

"I expected better customer service and the refund was only offered after 20 minutes of arguing." - No aruguing about that. Customer service is what brings back repeat business.

"I bought a group of cards in a Huggins and Scott auction, one of the major cards in the lot came back trimmed by SGC. BIll talked to me right away and offered me a nice credit to his future auctions. There was no discussion it was not a problem and I didn't get the run around." - Huggins and Scott is a fine auction house. One time I had an issue with a card I won from them and they took care of business. That's why people like them!

"I wonder if this was a high dollar card if the opinions would differ." James, if this were a high dollar card I bet you (as most people) would have scrutinized it a bit more.

"If I was in the seller's place I think I would have given the $75 refund without a discussion and argument and that would have been that." I'm just curious, what was the card? Do you think you could sell it for $285 in the AUTH holder?

I guess you can look at it like most of us don't agree with you but you could look at it like this - it's just our opinion and we're not trying to make you feel like you're sub-human because you don't agree with us. I figure you asked for opinions and you'd rather know what people felt than have people candy coat it and lie to you. happy.gif Who knows, the next time you may come out way ahead on one of these auctions. Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. It's still early yet, there's only been a few opinions posted.