View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Default T-206 Wagner PSA Question

Posted By: Eric Brehm

In addition to the 26 T206 Wagner cards graded without respect to back type, as listed by Brian, PSA shows 2 additional examples graded 1-2 with Sweet Caporal back. These would be under the new system that labels the slabs (and compiles the pop stats) by back type. Steve Soloway's PSA 2 is probably one of these Sweet Caporal Wagners, which would explain why his Wagner card entry in his T206 set listing in the set registry shows that there are none graded higher.

(PSA's mixture of generic back and back-specific population stats for T206 is very confusing. At the set registry luncheon at the National last year people were grilling PSA's Joe Orlando about this problem; he didn't really have an answer but said something about hoping that people would send in their old slabs to be re-holdered under the new system, so that over time the back-specific data would represent more of the total population.)

SGC shows 2 10's (PSA 1), 1 30 (PSA 2), and 2 40's (PSA 3).

GAI's web site is back up and running but I don't see any population reports. I do remember seeing a Wagner in a GAI holder at some point; I think maybe it was a GAI 3.5 (VG+).

Beckett hasn't graded any T206 Wagners.