View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 12:26 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I have no doubt women will crack into the mens leagues of the major sports over the next 20 years. It won't be because they can perform at that level, but because it is a part of the ideology that comes before physiology, human biology, and meritocratic rosters.

This PC delusion that women can do the same physical things as men to the same level, and it's more extreme form that has taken hold in several states that one cannot even define what a woman is in any terms besides a circular appeal to self-authority is absolutely crazy, but that's ideology. Conclusions writ by social or political need rarely make any sense.
I just can't see it within basketball as there is no position in which it seems possible without massive rule changes.

I can see the NFL having a FG Kicker, or kicker/punter if they successfully eliminate returns in short order. Manon Rheaume may have only been in an exhibition game, but the goalie position in hockey does lend itself to female possibilities. Perhaps the MLB can find a slot at pitcher for a converted softball player. Submarine pitchers are not that uncommon.

I can't imagine any position unless it's a wasted bench slot within the game for an Eddie Gaedel type PC sideshow that works in the NBA.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.