View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet, I may be wrong here but let's here opinions??

Posted By: leon

I have been told I probably shouldn't post in these kinds of threads with advertisers mentioned. I do a lot of things I am told I shouldn't do, none unethical (imo, ), and that's just my personality. I honestly try to call it the way I see it and let the chips fall where they may. Sometimes I am wrong but most times I don't think I am. First of all it takes some real gumption (is that a word?) for an auction house President to come on the board and post. Doug (hi Doug) is a stand up guy for that. Most wouldn't do it. No matter what you say he has come on the board when most others won't. I think he gets a lot of credit for that. When I said there was a board rule about posting emails on the board it was unwritten. Now it's written and a part of the Forum Rules. I can now take care of these things when I see them and point to the rules. I already mentioned I am hyper sensitive to the "thought of protecting" advertisers and I will try to work on that in the future. I still won't (can't) protect them but I will try to stick to the forum rules as they are a good baseline to go from. Here's a suggestion that could, potentially, appease a lot of folks. Maybe the auction houses, Mastro included, could have the dissertation about a card be in the first paragraph(s) of the description and the actual description of the card itself be in a 2-4 sentence paragraph right below, with a few spaces between it and the above flowery stuff? That way when I want to read the stuff that is sometimes superfluous I can, and when I don't want to, I can skip to the bottom and only read the pertinent details of the actual characterisitcs of the item(s). Barry asked me this morning if I ever read all that stuff in the descriptions and I told him that, if it's an item that interests me, I usually do. I believe this format would help everyone.....Thanks again to Doug for coming on the board when most others won't step up. best regards

edited grammar