View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 10:24 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEnglishD View Post
So a few months ago I came across a few eBay listings that say something to the affect that they will not post feedback until after the buyer does.

Seems to me that if I win or 'buy it now' an item and pay quickly I should receive positive feedback. I've held up my end of the deal. Shouldn't be contingent on the feedback I leave, methinks.

Thoughts? Am I overthinking this?
And now the rest of the story:

When I saw the listings I thought the feedback comment was interesting but still made a few 'Buy it now' purchases from the seller and received the cards no problem. I then left POSITIVE feedback and commented 'Don't like that you won't leave feedback until I do.'

Flash forward to last week when I went to purchase another card from the seller. I had been blocked - and after checking, saw that I had not received feedback from the seller for the previous purchases.

I emailed the seller asking if my comment was the reason I was blocked. They confirmed, adding (in part), 'We take great pride in our reputation & customer satisfaction and the comment was negative & unnecessary. Contacting us privately would have been a better solution.'

FWIW, the seller has over 14,700 feedback, 100% satisfaction and no longer had the feedback statement in the listings I was most recently looking at.

At the time I felt my comment was no big deal, and provided honest feedback. Still do.

I guess that in the end, I did receive feedback, although it took me a while to find it.
Successful transactions with: polakoff, Paul S, xplainer, marvymelvin, lordstan, Thromdog, pow323, Golfcollector, OldJudge, frankbmd, kamikidEFFL, jcc6252, sam majors, t206fix, brian29575, bbsports, jfkheat