View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Christopher Williams

I love autographs and love old cardboard.

And I love this topic also.

And I also love BIN.

I have purchased autographs for as low as 30% of the BIN now price and frequently win auctions at 50% of the BIN price. It works for me as a buyer and collector.

I don't sell to make money. I sell to purchase other items I want.

But as a seller, my Jeter items might be overpriced at this time, and with Jeter's stuff being depressed right now, I keep those "overpriced" items listed as a reminder, so when the time arrives and his stuff skyrockets, buyers/collectors will remember my items.

I will admit, I get a lot of Ebay emails asking me "when are you going to lower your prices?" I reply "I'm not." I will sell at the price I want.

The "population" on EBay has changed dramatically and you have to adapt to it.

I understand people getting emotional about it, and no one gets more emotional about the forgeries on Ebay than I do, but you have to take a step back and adapt to the "population," but that doesn't mean you have to give in to it, unless, of course, you need the money.

One of the great things about Ebay, is that if you have to sell something at a lower price because of need, you can always buy a similar item again in the future.

A long time ago, I was in tough situation and was forced to sell almost everything, but you know what; I have been able to re-purchase 90% of my stuff.

I apologize for the long rant.