View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 01:33 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Certain things have generally been deemed acceptable whether or not it's perfectly consistent. Soaking cards out of a scrapbook. Rubbing off a gum stain with a nylon. I don't think it's ever been black and white. As framed clearly 3 is my answer, but I am not sure the term is that clear.
Again, we can hem and haw over the edges or we can be reasonable. I get 100 characters in a poll as limited by the system software, and as can probably be told by the 2 typing issues had to cut them up and chop them down to get under the limit was is. Even if I wrote that 300 page treatise, there would be something absent we could then use to hem and haw and wring our hands some more.

All reasonable people are well aware that almost any other comparable issue of behavior or criminality can be answered in the common sense. I am positive that if we had had a dialogue for long enough you and I could find an examplar of something like "robbery" that we disagreed on if that case constituted. Nonetheless, we could surely both answer the very obvious general question right off the bat that we are against the practice of "robbery", as English speaking people who know what the word means.