Thread: Stadium Seats
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Richie - CollectibleStadiumSeats.com

The guy's story is a GREAT story, Matt ..... but its just that .... a story.

The 'smoking gun' piece of evidence in the seat number. Wrigley painted its seat numbers white and in the exact size & font as your seat. Polo Grounds seat numbers were much fancier and a bit larger .... and more of a silvery-white, not white-white (see attached photos). The photos I attached show a triple Wrigley Field seat in all original/unrestored condition, courtesy of a 2008 Lelands auction. The other photo shows a few unrestored/all original Polo Grounds seat parts that are the same exact model as the Wrigley parts.

Note too that all original/unrestored Polo Grounds seats sport more of a 'Kelly Green' color than dark green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGHPro View Post
Here's what I was told. The guy I bought the seats from got them from his grandfather who was an usher at Polo grounds. He said it was pair, but the one next to it had a crack in the cast iron. Took it to a guy who said he could fix it, and actually attempted to weld it with the wood in place and basically destroyed the other seat. He then separated them and kept the non ruined one. There was some major disgust when he told me the story. Could it be complete BS , sure, but thats what I was told. And If anyone is interested in it, let me know. It doesn't fit my collection
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wrigley CB Triple - 7-6-5 L11-08.jpg (64.3 KB, 622 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0104.jpg (77.0 KB, 621 views)

Last edited by richiea13; 02-18-2014 at 06:22 PM.