View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 10:23 AM
Derek Granger

another vote for imageevent. See my site in my signature line.

I have hidden folders for my own personal stuff and then public folders for your viewing pleasure. I can customize many things and it feels like a website. I pay a little more to get unlimited storage but used the basic plan for many, many years until I finally ran out of space. Most people don't know this, but if you click a photo on imageveent, once the photo appears on your screen, you can select "Medium" or "Original" on the bottom. I believe "Medium" is the default, but if you want to see something really closely, all you have to do is click "Original" and the full super-sized image shows up on the screen.

Also, when posting an image on Net54 or ebay, they have a spot for owners to easily grab the URL and paste into the message board. I assume the other sites have this as well, but it's pretty easy on imageevent. They give you three different sizes to choose from depending on what you're trying to do or based on the image size. For instance, I use "websize" for almost anything I post on here. You can also do "icon" size or simply the original size...

and to a previous post, it's easy to move images from one folder to another and also to rotate a picture. However, when the image is rotated, it will change the file name, so be aware if you have a link to it on Net54 or elsewhere.

My only gripe is that my work computer blocks everything related to any of these websites (flickr, imageevent, etc.).

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)

Last edited by h2oya311; 10-19-2017 at 10:24 AM.