View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Paul

Default Newbie thanks you Carlton

Yes, I'm a rookie on here, but not in the field of antique sports memorabilia. I have been collecting for close to 20 years. What got me started in Old Sports memorabilia was when a friend I worked with showed me some of his old baseball memorabilia at his house and I was shockingly excited about most of it! He had a single 5 x 7" sheet of paper with Ty Cobb's autograph signed over and over all over it like 25 times! The story was Ty visited an orphanage and signed like 2 sheets,to cut out single autographs for each child. Well apparently everyone got one and these were left over and never seperated after all these years! He started me on old baseball photos after I saw his amazing 1890s Mamouth plate Eclipse baseball team photo in the original victorian frame! Many years later he sold me that very piece that inspired me to start collecting! Jack DeStories is his name and I have no idea where he is or what he's up to?
Great find Carlton on the Bailey Plaque!!! A piece you will cherish the rest of your life, like I do, every time I see my Eclipse Photo!